The 7DayStory is a new short story writing challenge. I’ve teamed up with Julie Duffy from StoryADay May we’ve put together this fun writing challenge for you. The 7DayStory Challenge officially opens its doors today but you can jump in at any time.
Here’s How the Challenge Will Work:
- Write and revise a story over the next seven days
- Use the hash tag #7DayStory to connect with other working writers.
Why Write A Story in 7 Days?
We believe that it is by writing that we become writers. But it’s not just by writing. It’s also by finishing, revising, releasing our work, and connecting with readers and other writers, that we become writers. So we’re encouraging writers to sharpen their writing skills by writing, revising and releasing short stories in seven days.
- Finishing your first draft in a day or two, before you lose momentum
- Revising the story over the next few days in several passes
- Connecting with other writers to find sources of support and feedback.
- Releasing the story to trusted readers, or perhaps even publications.
- Repeating the process often, to learn from your experiences and reinforce the writing habit.
Sign up now to join the #7DayStory challenge.
You’ll get daily updates to keep you on track through the writing and revision process.
But That’s Not All…
Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to stumble through this process alone? What if someone put together a guide for gathering ideas, writing that first draft and working through the somewhat overwhelming process of revising and releasing your story?
Write, Revise, Release, Repeat:
Your Blueprint for Short Story Success
by Gabriela Pereira and Julie Duffy.
Join the challenge today!
What are you waiting for? Enter your email below and be part of the 7DayStory Challenge.