Hi there Word Nerds! Thanks for joining me today.
In this episode, I’m thrilled to interview debut author Susannah Marren. She and I talk about her process for writing her debut novel, her inspiration and the different thematic elements in her writing Get ready to be inspired by this lovely interview.
Susannah is originally from Long Beach Island, New Jersey. She currently lives in Manhattan with her family and still spends her summers on the Jersey Shore. Between the Tides is her first novel.
In this episode Susannah Marren and I discuss:
- What inspired her to write Between the Tides.
- Different thematic elements in her writing.
- The most enjoyable and most challenging parts of being a writer.
- How knowing the ending can drive your story forward.
- How to let your experience inform your writing.
- What the publishing process looks like for a debut author.
Plus, Susannah’s #1 tip for writers!
“It’s only when we write that we really feel whole.” @susannahmarren
To learn more about Susannah Marren and Between the Tides, you can follow her on Facebook and Twitter, or visit her website. Also, to celebrate her book’s release this Susannah will be appearing at several places this summer and fall. If you’re in the area, please come out and support this wonderful debut author!
Look for Susannah in New Jersey on these dates:
- July 23 at 7 p.m. – Ocean County Library/Toms River Branch at 101 Washington Street in Tom’s River.
For more information, call 732-349-6201, ext. 5912
- July 25 at 6 p.m. – Tuckers Restaurant at 101 South West Avenue in Beach Haven, NJ.
- August 6 at 6 p.m. – Cape May Courthouse Public Library at 30 Mechanic Street in Cape May, NJ.
For more information call 609-463-6350
- August 10 at 7 p.m. – Ocean County Library/Long Beach Island Branch at 217 S. Central Avenue in Surf City, NJ. For more information call 609-494-2480
- September 28 at 7 p.m. at the Middletown Township Public Library at 55 New Monmouth Rd. in Middletown.
For more information call 732-671-3700
- October 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Collingswood Book Festival at 454 Center Street in Collingswood, NJ.
Or come meet her in the tri-state area and beyond on these dates:
- July 21 at 6 p.m. Collette Consignment at 10 main Street in Southampton, NY.
For more info call 212-348-9800
- July 22 at 7 p.m. at Chappaqua Public Library at 195 South Greely Avenue in Chappaqua, NY.
For more info call 914-238-4779, ext. 19
- July 30 at 7 p.m. at RJ Julia Booksellers at 768 Boston Post Road in Madison, CT.
For more info call 203-245-3959
- August 8 at 5 p.m. at East Hampton Liobrary at 159 Main Street in East Hampton, NY for Author’s Night.
- September 2 at 7 p.m. at Chester County Book Company at 967 Paoli Pike in West Chester, PA.
For more info call 610-696-1661
- September 16 at 6 p.m. at Liderkranz Club at 6 E. 87th Street in New York.
For more information call 212-534-0880
- December 10 at 2:30 p.m. at Society of the Four Arts at 240 Cocoanut Row in Palm Beach, FL.
For more info call 561-659-8519
(Right-click to download.)
Reminder: Writer Igniter Con (#WICon2015) is Coming!
The DIY MFA online conference–Writer Igniter Con–is October 24-25 and it will be here before you know it. If you’re looking for a conference where you can learn from top-notch teachers, hear from agents and industry pros, and not even need to travel… we’ve got you covered.
Go here to learn more about Writer Igniter Con or to register.
If you liked this episode…
Head over to iTunes, leave a review, and subscribe so you’ll be first to know when new episodes are available. Also, if you know anyone who might enjoy this podcast, please share!
Until next week, keep writing and keep being awesome.